Department of Nephrology
DR. SARAVANAN T, MD(GEN), DM(NEPHROLOGY)
Dr.T.Saravanan completed his MBBS and MD in general medicine in Rajah muthiah medical college - Annamalai university in the year of 2008. Completed his DM Nephrology training ( 2010 - 2013) in PSG Institute of medical sciences and research institute in coimbatore which is affliated to Tamilnadu MGR university.
He is specially trained in management of chronic kidney disease, Glomerulonephritis, Acute kidney injury, Maintenance hemodialysis, Continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis & kidney transplantation.
He is also trained in insertion of permanent catheter insertion under flouroscopic guidance and percutaneous insertion of CAPD catheter.
Worked as Assistant professor in department of General medicine in PSGIMSR between 2009-2010.
- Performed around two hundred Ultra sound guided hemodialysis catheter insertion.
- Performed around 30 Fluoroscopic guided tunneled hemodialysis catheter insertion.
- Assisted in the care of around 60 renal transplantations.
- Performed around 50 ultrasound guided renal biopsies.
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS AT CONFERENCES
- During my MD postgraduate period - Publication in 68th Scientific Sessions Abstract Book, the June 2008 supplement to the journal Diabetes � American Diabetes Association (ADA)
Title of Paper - Spectrum of Inflammatory Markers (Tumor Necrosis Factor a, Interleukin-6, Sialic Acid, High Sensitive C - reactive protein) in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Patients in South-Indian Population.
- A study on quality indicators in a maintenance hemodialysis unit oral presentation - Indian society of nephrology conference � 2011 conducted at Hyderabad Cutaneous Zygomycosis in a Continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis patient Poster presentation in PDSICON 2011 � Chennai, India
- Published in Med-E journal (November - December 2012, Volume- 2, Number - 6) A rare case of nephritic syndrome caused by LCDD Poster presentation- Indian society of nephrology conference � 2011 conducted at Hyderabad
- International society of nephrology
- Life Menber - Indian society of nephrology